Youth Assembly Overview
- Focus: Building Youth Leadership for the Success for the 8 UN Millennium Development Goals
- Program: 12th YA – 3 Full Days in the UN General Assembly Hall, UNHQ, NYC, USA; a 4 day Preparatory, certificate-based course at Fairleigh Dickinson University; UN Mission Visits for all delegates; Resolution Project new Social Venture Awards through Competitions for University-level Delegates, more.
- Theme: On the Road to Actions: Moving Beyond the MDGs, post 2015
- Platform: Plenary sessions, Workshops, Round table Discussions, Networking, UN Mission Visits, New Social Venture Competitions, MDG Related Skills Building and Campaign Introductions
- Leadership: Renowned speakers and expert workshop facilitators; U.N. Staff participation at sessions; Young leaders like yoursleft from around the world; Intergenerational Leadership Exchanges
- Special Events: Pre-YA "Emerging Global Leaders Seminar" at Fairleigh Dickinson University; 3 Days in one of the most prestigious meeting halls in the world; UN Mission Visits; Resolution Project Social Venture Competition; Takeover (with permit) of Dag Hammarskjold Park opposite the UN; Extended Volunteer Service Weekend (Optional); MDG Campaign Night Dinner, the infamous YA Culture Night, and the YA Farewell Dinner Cruise along Manhattan (optional)
March 15, 2013 - YA Registration OPENS
March 18, 2013 - YA Delegate Accommodations Plans Registration OPENS
June 15, 2013 - YA Delegate Accommodations Plans Registration CLOSES
June 28, 2013 - YA Registration CLOSES
August 3-6, 2013 - YA Global Youth Leadership Experience (CLICK HERE for more information)
August 7-9, 2013 - Youth Assembly at the United Nations
For IYC delegations, IYC members are welcome to apply until July 1st!
- To learn about the United Nations and how you can become involved in the success of the 8 UN MDGs
- To hear great speakers and workshop leaders
- To voice your opinions on the urgent issues of today and help make a permanent impact throughout the world
- To meet other dedicated young people from all over the world
Eligibility: Who should apply?
Youth Leaders and those who wish to become Leaders, ages 16-24+.
Advanced Youth Leaders and Young Professionals engaged in UN or MDG studies, internships, Fellowships, or early work stages, ages 18-26+, are most welcome to apply.
For your questions about IYC delegation, application process, please contact with Elgun Yusifbeyli: email@example.com